Volume and Quantity Tools in Civil 3D (101)
In Volume and Quantity Tools (QTO) in Civil 3D (101) you’ll learn how to sample the existing conditions and final design to calculate earthwork quantiles using Civil 3D. Along the way, you’ll learn how to create and display cross-sections to visualize the design against the site’s current state.
On completion of this course, users will be able to do the following:
– Sample the existing and design data along an alignment for earthwork calculations and cross-sections
– Calculate earthwork and material quantities from the sampled data
– Generate earthwork tables and reports
– Create cross sections displaying the existing and proposed surfaces as well as corridor and pipe network geometry
– Create cross section sheets
We will be utilizing the following features that incorporate the tasks discussed in this lesson.
- Create and edit sample lines.
- Review Quantity Takeoff Criteria
- Earthwork and material calculations.
- Create section views
- Generate cross section sheets